20 May 2012
Happy Sunday morning, Buckeye Nation. First and foremost, if you haven't checked out the 2012 Ohio State Football Schedule Poster we released yesterday, we're quite proud of it - perhaps because we love all things Scarlet, Gray, Urban, John Simon and Buckeye Badassery in general.
Now on to the week that was. Memorial Day is right around the corner and while it's certainly a day to honor those who have served our wonderful country, it also reminds us that we lost a wonderful head coach last May when Jim Tressel resigned his post at The Ohio State University. We've jumped at the opportunity to begin honoring Tress the best way we know how - as have a few former players of his - and we kicked off our Q&A series this week. Stay tuned next week as we have five more Q&A's lined up with two national champion Silver Bullets, one young man who found himself square in the middle of the 'Tat-5' controversy, and a couple other Buckeyes who have a serious love of the S&G of their own. We'll be rolling those out throughout next week, so stay tuned.
Today we smear more Scarlet font all over the B1G news of the week including plenty of Ohio State content from the Buckeye Bloggers Network, a potential new B1G v Notre Dame series in the making, one moxie-less QB in Happy Valley on his way out and further confirmation that B1G commissioner Jim Delany is indeed out of his gourd.
Enjoy the B1G links from the week that was - 36 of them to be exact...
BUCKEYE BLOGGERS NETWORK (8)
- Dave Rini at The Buckeye Battlecry knocked it straight out of the park with his review of the Chris and Stefanie Spielman story. Definitely a muct-read for all fans, Ohio State or otherwise.
- Here at BHC we started a series honoring former head coach Jim Tressel and we inch closer to the one year anniversary of his resignation. So far we've touched base with Devin Barclay, Brian Rolle and T.J. Downing. Next week we'll have five more former Buckeyes to chat with to close out the series.
- Future Buckeye quarterback J.T. Barrett got some work in with The Silver Bullet this week, discussing everything from Texas to Urban to Tress.
- New network partner UnScripted Ohio took a closer look at this week's College Football HoF class, one that omitted Buckeye Orlando Pace and, once again, Cornhusker Tommy Frazier.
- ....they also dug into the non-revenue sports at Ohio State which, in all honesty, simply don't get the attention and support they deserve out of Buckeye Nation.
- Love former Ohio State Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith? So does the crew at Our Honor Defend, who added him to their Our Favorite Buckeyes series.
REST OF THE LEADERS DIVISION (12)
- Last week we talked about the arrest of Badger Montee Ball. This week? A former Badger is arrested on Federal charges of identity theft and tax fraud.
- Alvarez wants a series with the Notre Dame Fighting Irish?
- When you think of B1G talent in the NFL you immediately think Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State. Who knew Wisconsin was sending on plenty of talent to the league?
Penn State Nittany Lions
- What happens to the B1G of the Big East and ACC implode during the realignment of college football - the Nittany Lions Den breaks down the B1G scenarios.
- Rob Bolden may finally be transferring out of Happy Valley. When the dust finally settled he simply doesn't have enough moxie. Apparently.
- The Jerry Sandusky case is finally starting to gather some momentum where it counts - in the court room.
- Any chance to give Purdue's Rob Hummel some love, we're game.
- The Buckeyes landed in this year's B1G baseball tournament care of a tiebreaker. Here's a tourney preview via Hammer and Rails.
- A Royal Rumble amongst B1G mascots? Yeah - I'm in.
Illinois Fighting Illini
- There simply Isn't. Much. Happening. In. Champaign. Except former Toledo football coach - new Illini football coach - Tim Beckman talking.
- Oversigning is a hot college football topic as long as your name doesn't start with SEC or ESPN - but is Tom Crean flirting with oversigning with Indiana hoops?
- Of all the B1G/ACC Challenge match-up scheduled for 2012 - announced last week - the North Carolina @ Indiana may be the most interesting of the bunch.
THE LEGENDS DIVISION (15)
Michigan Wolverines (hhhhhhhhhhhhock, spit)
- Maize n Brew chimes in on the bowl rearrangement theories on the same side as the rest of us - B1G Commish Jim Dalany is dumb.
- Care to take a smartass run around Ann Arbor, poking fun at everything you see? Shutdown Fullback did.
- Michigan's Friday recruiting roundup, care of MGoBlog. Worth the read if you're into the whole recruiting game.
- Corn Nation went all B1G Super Hero on us - and a few team renditions are quite entertaining.
- Husker Corner takes a look at recent Nebraska history and whether or not the program may be stuck in neutral. I vote yes.
- Another look at the Tommie Frazier snub by the College Football HoF this week, this time from the Husker faithful themselves.
Michigan State Spartans
- Another recruiting roundup for those of you who are addicted - this time for Sparty.
- Plenty of recent hoops transfer news has cropped up as of late, but is it at an increased rate versus history?
- A little outdated, but news to me. Here's a recap of the 2012 Green and White spring game. Spoiler: It was less than offensive.
- BHGP continues remixing Pro-Combat uniforms for the entire B1G. This week: Illinois.
- Of all B1G coaches not named Urban Meyer, I probably have the most respect for Iowa's Kirk Ferentz. His his career - in seven minutes (video).
- According to the fine folks of Des Moines, Iowa teams should indeed be required to hit the seven-win barrier to become bowl eligible.
- More on the B1G commissioners and their stance on a college football playoff and a six-or-seven win requirement for bowl eligibility.
Minnesota Golden Gophers
- The Daily Gopher gives a great breakdown of Minnesota's 2014 and '15 hoops recruiting efforts.
- The B1G announced this week that Target Field in Minny will host the 2013 Big Baseball Tournament. Good choice (for once) B1G.
And finally, if you haven't caught The Buckeye Battlecry's Robby Donoho and his 2012 Ohio State season Prequel video, it would be well worth your time to click the little play button below. His full Season Preview video will be released on August 6th and I. Can. Not. Wait.